We are really happy with how Addison's birth announcement turned out. I cannot believe she is only 5 days old in these pictures! :)
Friday, November 15, 2013
Thursday, November 14, 2013
We made it to the Arboretum a little later than normal this year...we were busy in October! But I was determined to go and I'm glad we did. We had so much fun. Even though it was really hard to get good pictures with our very active 2 year old and very sleepy newborn baby, Sophia loved running around the park and looking at all of the pumpkins. We even had a little picnic, listened to some music, and watched Sophia dance and run around for at least an hour! This girl has some energy. We can't wait to go back!
|Looking at birds.|
|Doing a little reading!|
|Sophia loved running through the hay maze|
|Practicing her balancing skills|
|Trying to get a picture together was hard :)|
|Me and my 2 babies. Yes, we need a double stroller.|
|She is saying "No, Mommy!"|
|Addison woke up so we took a picture. Then she fell back asleep :)|
Tuesday, November 12, 2013
- She is a snuggly, sleepy baby. For the first few weeks I had to wake her up during the day to feed her. She did get better about having more awake time and started waking up on her own. I love just holding her when I have the time, and she loves it too. But she has also gotten good at sleeping in her crib at night and she likes to sleep in the swing, bouncer, and car seat too.
- During the day she is up about every 3 hours to eat. She has also turned into a good nighttime sleeper. The first few weeks were a little rough and she wanted to be held all night and didn't really like sleeping for very long stretches. But, she got better in week 3 about sleeping in her crib and for longer stretches, and in week 4 she has started sleeping for about a 5 hour stretch at night!
- She eats great, about every 3 hours and is already growing like a weed. :) Has not been introduced to a bottle yet, but we plan to do that next month
- On our scale at home she is up to 10 pounds, 4 ounces. Big girl!!
- In newborn and size 3 month clothes, and size 1 diapers.
- We have gotten so many different comments on who Addison looks like. Some people say she looks exactly like me and a lot like Sophia. I've gotten many comments that she resembles Jeramy and I've also gotten comments that she looks like my mom! I guess time will tell but most likely she is a mixture of all of us. :)
- The first thing everyone says when they see her is "wow, look at that hair!". And it is true, she has a ton of dark, pretty, crazy, long hair. Sophia was born with a lot of dark hair also, but Addison has more! And it is funny how it sticks up all over the place.
- Addison loves being held, looking at lights and fans, being swaddled, and feeling cozy.
|Addison at 1 month!|
|Sophia at 1 month!|
|First day home|
|Mommy's baby girl :)|
|My little angel|
|Enjoying tummy time!|
Thursday, November 7, 2013
We had such a great Halloween this year! It is so much more fun experiencing it with a toddler. Sophia loved dressing up (in all 3 of her costumes!!) and all of the festivities! I am looking forward to next year when both Sophia and Addison will be able to trick-or-treat. :)
Jeramy, Sophia and I had so much fun this year...we loved seeing how much fun she had! Happy Halloween!!
|In her cute Cinderella costume before the Trunk-or-Treat at school!|
|Sophia's class dressed as crayons for the Halloween parade. So cute!|
|Our cute orange crayon :)|
|I had to take a picture of the "jailbirds"...so funny.|
|Eating her snack at the party|
|Such cute kiddos|
|Dressed as Minnie Mouse for our neighborhood festival and trick-or-treating|
|She LOVED the petting zoo!!|
|She loves all animals.|
|And also loved the pony rides!|
|We did not think she would care to trick-or-treat much so we gave her this small bucket. She loved it and ended up filling up her bucket! I guess she will need a something bigger next year. :)|