Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Camping at Pedernales State Park

Jeramy, Sophia, and I went to Pedernales State Park a few days before Thanksgiving for our first family camping trip!  Since we wanted to stay in a tent rather than a cabin, Nana and Pops watched Addison since she is not quite old enough.  The weather was absolutely perfect and we had so much fun exploring the outdoors without television, cellphones, and ipads!  We enjoyed campfires, cooking our food, eating, hiking, games, and lots of exploring. 

Sophia loved helping us do everything from unpacking the car, setting up the tent, making up our beds, throwing wood on the campfire, and washing the dishes.  She was involved in everything and loved it!  We didn't know how Sophia would like camping and sleeping in a tent...but she had so much fun!  She was so excited to sleep in the tent (and exhausted) that she started asking to go to sleep around 7.  I made her stay up a little later but I'm pretty sure she was asleep by 8 or 8:30 and didn't wake up until 9.  I was amazed!  We had a great time and definitely plan on camping again soon.

I forgot my camera but got a few pictures on my phone :)


This is where we set up our tent.


Jumping off branches and exploring with her flashlight.


Our first hike to Pedernales Falls




No comments:

Post a Comment