Tuesday, July 29, 2014

San Antonio Vacation!

At the end of June and beginning of July we went on a trip to San Antonio!  Funny that I used to live in SA and now we are vacationing there, right?  This is our life with little kids. :)  Anyway, we wanted to take Sophia somewhere fun while Nana and Pops took care of Addison...and San Antonio made the most sense!  Jeramy and I loved spending some quality time with Sophia.  I know Sophia loved it too, but she did ask about Addison ALL the time, so I think she missed her sister.

The first day we took Sophia to Kiddie Park!  I went to this amusement park when I was a kid and it has been restored.  They still have all of the same rides...the carousel, the boats, the planes, the bus, the ferris wheel...I was so excited to see everything!  Sophia was super shy at first but then she opened up and loved it!  It was the perfect first amusement park for a 2 year old...small rides and not too loud or overwhelming.  She had a blast and I see lots of rides in our future.

Cotton Candy, YUM!
Grandma and Grandpa were able to meet us!
The carousel was a hit!
This is as crazy as I get on rides!



After Kiddie Park we went and had lunch at Casa Rio on the Riverwalk.  



She loved the ducks and may have fed them a chip or 2 or 3 :)
We stayed 2 nights at the Hyatt Hill Country Resort and it was fabulous!  They had great pools, a lazy river, a beach/sand area, a playground, several great restaurants, s'mores and movies every night, and lots of other family activities.  There was also fun stuff for the big kids/adults like a big water slide and a surfing area that we did not get to participate in. 
 

Lazy river
More lazy river
Early morning swimming!  We had the pool to ourselves :)
We enjoyed relaxing on these rocking chairs
Ready to swim!
Sand fun!
Sand fun!
Roasting marshmallows
I think she likes it :)
Sugar high = dancing
That is one tired kiddo!
We sure did have a blast with our Sophia!  I highly recommend the Hyatt resort and hope we can come back again with both of our girls.  A big thanks to Nana and Pops for watching our sweet Addison...we missed our baby girl tons! 

No comments:

Post a Comment